50 Positive Quotes for Women to Lead You to Brighter Days
Sometimes, we need a little push or encouragement in the right direction, and these inspiring and motivational positive quotes for women will undoubtedly do the trick!
There’s no contesting the struggles women had to face throughout history. After all, there has always been discrimination against them, even if many people tell them otherwise.
But that’s just the thing: actions speak louder than words. No matter how many people say there is progress regarding women’s equality, there is still so much evidence of discrimination and misogyny worldwide.
So, as women, it’s important to remain strong and hopeful and to have a fighting spirit that’ll lead us to brighter days. It’s also critical that we stay positive and encouraging toward other women.
To help you maintain an optimistic outlook, read the best positive quotes for women we’ve gathered below. Remember, as long as we support each other, we can move mountains!
Best Positive Quotes for Women
1. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
2. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
3. “If you can dance and be free and not be embarrassed, you can rule the world.” – Amy Poehler
4. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
5. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
6. “Females are the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the whole world. And I think that we are gorgeous no matter what size we are.” – Alicia Keys
7. “Women that believe in each other can survive anything. Women who believe in each other create armies that will win kingdoms and wars.” – Nikita Gill
8. “I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story—I will.” – Amy Schumer
9. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
Positive Quotes for Women to Inspire You
10. “You can be gorgeous at 30, charming at 40, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
11. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
12. “She does not know what the future holds, but she is grateful for slow and steady growth.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
13. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
14. “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female.’” – Erin McKean
15. “There’s something special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna
Positive Motivational Quotes for Women
16. “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
17. “I encourage women to step up. Don’t wait for somebody to ask you.” – Reese Witherspoon
18. “Queen, do not allow a commoner to dethrone you. Own that throne. You are royalty.” – Gift Gugu Mona
19. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
20. “We need women at all levels—including the top—to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
21. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself, comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
22. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names.” – Janelle Monae
24. “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” – Rupi Kaur
Positive Quotes for Women That’ll Guide You in Life
25. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
26. “My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
27. “Don’t think about making women fit the world; think about making the world fit women.” – Gloria Steinem
28. “A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.” – Anonymous
29. “You must never behave as if your life belongs to a man. Do you hear me? Your life belongs to you and you alone.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
30. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
Short Positive Quotes for Women
31. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Cher
32. “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.” – Mae West
33. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” – Beyoncé
34. “Strong women don’t have attitudes; we have standards.” – Marilyn Monroe
35. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” – Ntozake Shange
36. “You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” – Mary Elizabeth Winstead
37. “Be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class.” – Anonymous
Positive Quotes for Women to Bring You Closer to Happiness
38. “One of the best things that ever happened to me is that I’m a woman. That is the way all females should feel.” – Marilyn Monroe
39. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
40. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
41. “A confident woman, a woman who truly knows her worth and her power is a force to be reckoned with.” – Mandy Hale
Positive Quotes for Women to Fuel Your Success
42. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
43. “We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. It’s time to take ownership of our success.” – Tory Burch
44. “Friends. Sisters. Mothers. Professors. When women affirm women, it unlocks our power. It gives us permission to shine brighter.” – Elaine Welteroth
45. “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
46. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi
More Positive Quotes for Women to Save in Your Memory
47. “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
48. “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.” – Helen Keller
49. “Learn to embrace your own unique beauty and celebrate your unique gifts with confidence. Your imperfections are actually a gift.” – Kerry Washington
50. “Women are always saying, ‘We can do anything that men can do.’ But men should be saying, ‘We can do anything that women can do.’” – Gloria Steinem
Do You Believe Your Fire Can Light up the World?
It’s a sad fact that many people worldwide belittle women. They stereotype us as people who only belong to our homes, do housework, and take care of the children.
Yes, we are the light of our homes, but we also have the power to light up the whole world. We have within us a power that can change this ever-changing and ever-evolving world for the better.
So, to all the women out there, never apologize for or second guess being a female! Be unapologetically yourself and know you are beautiful, resilient, and strong.
You can do what men can do and more. Let your light shine more brightly than ever before with the knowledge that you are limitless!
As Michelle Obama said, “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” With that, we hope the positive quotes for women we’ve gathered above inspired and motivated you to shine brighter than anyone else!